When we design, we design for the future. We design considering the future of the earth, the future of communities and the future of our built environment. We consider the needs of future users.
Or do we?
When designing, how much are we actually thinking of the legacy we will leave behind, and the one that has been left to us? For INVOLVED’s Issue 02: Legacy, we are asking you to think creatively around the theme of ‘legacy’. Is this the legacy that has been left to us or the legacy we will leave behind?
The theme of legacy can be explored through different meanings consisting of but not limited to:
· Cultural, historical, social
· Environmental (built) heritage
· The legacy of individuals (architect, designer, writer, thinker etc.) or designs
· Resources and nature
Your work can take the form of:
· An article/articles
· Exploration and description of a design
· Personal design project with accompanying drawings and descriptions
· An interview
· Photography (can be part of a series or one-off)
· or any other visual/graphic/written format of your choice that follows the guidelines below.
Deadline: 31st of January 21:00
Please send your submissions or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: The Legacy Issue_Open Call
For further details, please explore the brief below: